Navigation - Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

work to weekend wear: h&m

Though I haven't made my way to the Crescent City for a shopping trip in a while, I am beyond excited that H&M finally opened a store in New Orleans.

H&M offers cute, trendy and classic pieces at an absolute steal. What's better: they have a good stock of work-appropriate attire.

This week's selection focuses on a beautiful pleated skirt I've been eye-ing for a while. (And, yes, all of the pieces are totally affordable at less than $50 each.)

Seriously. I love this skirt ($40). It's feminine without being frilly and professional without being rigid. How can it get any better?

I'd play up the femininity with an airy mint blouse ($30), but pair it with a crisp white tuxedo jacket ($50) to bring the outfit structure. Keep the look simple with gold chain earrings ($8) with a twist (geddit?) and sweet, comfy muted beige flats ($13).


To bring this look over to the weekend, keep the flats, earrings and, obvi, skirt.

Swap out the mint blouse for this loose-fitting, comfortable sleeveless button-up ($15). (Personal note: I'd tuck in the front, and probably leave the back out.) I like the pairing of this cuff ($6) because it's sweet and simple, but plays on the masculinity of the button-up and keeps the outfit from being too predictable.

I'm so weird about hats. I love them. I look good in them. But I can never bring myself to buy one. This adorable weekender only costs $13, so I can't justify not buying it.

I chose this sweet shoulder bag ($18) because I didn't want to overwhelm the look. (And you know I love a good shoulder bag on the weekend.) But, if you'd like a pop of color I'd go with this ray of sunshine ($18). Or this funzie ($8). I mean, heck. it is the weekend, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment