Navigation - Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

keaton row

There's a new love in my life.

I've mentioned the styling services at ShoeDazzle and JustFab before. (If you're just tuning in: you sign up, complete a brief style questionnaire, and they put a multitude of shoe and accessory options in your style-book based on your style. Of course, 99% of the options are likely not to match your style at all ... like the 6" hot pink hooker heels in mine ...)

And I've found one for clothes. 


Keaton Row's sign-up process also involves a brief questionnaire, but one with more in-depth and open-ended questions. It's not a logarithm (algorithm? I understand neither math nor tech) that determines what to suggest. It's a person.

Yes, a real, live person. Who emails you after you submit your answers. Who asks about your interests, shopping habits, and wardrobe concerns. Who only chooses items that fall within the budget you set.

The stylist chosen for me is Victoria.


Whose style is "feminine and ladylike, with a bit of quirky." Which, I think is pretty spot-on to how I would describe my style.

Victoria emailed me the day I signed up to learn more about me, which told me she was eager to get started. We discussed my favorite things to wear, my struggles (ahem, large rears don't belong in tight pencil skirts) and my ideal style.



Five days later, my four looks were ready, which told me she earnestly took the time to find pieces she truly believed I would appreciate. I probably wouldn't wear every item she chose for me, but I give her choices a 95-97% approval rating. First time around, I'd say that's pretty good.

And, yes, I've already ordered from one of my personally-crafted "looks."


And I can't wait for it to come in! (Similar options here, here, here and here.)

The service is completely free. You only pay for the items you choose to buy, when you buy them, and the stylists receive commission. No monthly fees. No surprises.

Keaton Row also offers free shipping. I don't want to speak for every order, because the selected items come from different stores with different policies, but my skirt from Nordstrom also had no tax.

After you receive your look-book, leave feedback so that your stylist knows what you liked and didn't like about her choices. Next time around, the looks will be that much closer to your ideal closet.

What do you think of Keaton Row's service? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment