Navigation - Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

american market

Originally posted April 2013

Saying I got a meal complete with a drink and a side for only $6 makes me sound like a Wendy's commercial. (Before you start thinking I endorse them, let's spare a second to reflect on how weird their square patties are . . . )

But, knowing that meal wasn't fast food . . . knowing it was both healthy and hearty . . . knowing it was made fresh right before my eyes . . .

Well . . . you get the idea.

Well, that's a horse of a different color!

And, no, it's not Subway. (For the record, I don't consider them healthy.)
My friends, I introduce you to the lovely American Market at the corner of Nicholson and Lee.


It may look a little sketchy, a little rough around the edges . . . but aren't those always the best?

For $5.99 you get a 14" fresh cut deli sandwich, a bag of Zapp's and a 20 oz fountain drink. And, if you're not on your lunch break like I always am when I go in, go ahead and get a beer. Or some hard alcohol. Or a few toiletry essentials. Whatever will make your night go easier, because, dear friends, American Market doubles as a convenience store! Yay convenience!


 So, on your next lunch break, or if you need something quick for dinner, pop in the store for five minutes and have a truly sensational deli meal (my favorite is the Cajun Turkey fully dressed with VooDoo Zapp's).

Am Market Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment