Navigation - Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

you're welcome banana bread

I have a confession: I cannot finish a bundle of bananas before they go bad.

My loss is everyone else's gain, though, as my sluggish attitude toward eating bananas usually results in a loaf of banana bread. (Just banana bread, because I never have nuts on hand to make Banana Nut Bread.)

Over all the bad bananas, I've developed quite a tasty recipe that quickly gets eaten up at every family gathering.

You'll need:
1 stick of butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
3 mashed. perfectly disgusting overripe bananas
1 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla (If you want it to taste even better, find some Mexican vanilla.)
1 tsp. cinnamon
And, if you want to make it nutty, 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts



Preheat your oven to 325 F and go ahead and grease and flour a bundt or loaf pan so it's ready when you need it. Mix all the ingredients together really well, no fancy dry-ingredient-combining, let-it-sit-in-the-fridge-for-a-few-hours silliness that accompanies a lot of baked goodies.


Isn't mashing bananas the best? Seriously. I love it.



I have one mixing bowl and it was at Stephen's during this. No judging for using a pot, k?


Throw everything in your pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Mine is usually perfect at about 48.


Before you plop it upside down and present it all pretty, make sure it's totally loose around the edges with a butter knife to ensure you don't leave half of it in the pan. (How embarrassing! ... yes, it's happened to me ... several times.)


Slice a piece, slap on some butter and enjoy the deliciousness as it melts away in your mouth.


You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment