Navigation - Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

work to weekend wear: patriot

Today we had our annual office July 4th BBQ and dessert competition.

Naturally, 95% of attendees showed just how patriotic they are through their outfits, while chowing on brisket and fudge.

'Merica.


I'd been needing white pants and  was ecstatic when I found these white ankle pants at Target the other day. Unfortunately, what I thought fit well in the dressing room turned out to be a size too large. Found that one out when I caught myself hoisting up my waistband while climbing the stairs to my office.

le sigh. All the fashionistas wear baggy pants, right?


For a work-appropriate look, I paired the pants with my favorite royal blue blouse, red lips and red earrings. I toned it down with nude pumps.

This breezy, feminine blouse is so last season and, therefore, no longer available. But I found a couple of other options here, here and here.


Shoes!


For the transition to weekend, I simply swapped the top and shoes, and went for asymmetrically pinned-back hair.


Sup, baggy crotch?


I kind of surprised myself with this blouse. I think I've worn one other halter in my life, and that was a super sweet denim smocked crop top in fifth grade.

While navy and white stripes are pretty on-point right now, it's difficult to find something similar to this oldie. But, I tried: these are some really cute, weekend comfy-chic options (1, 2, 3 and 4)


Hooker heels from ShoeDazzle, obvi. Here are some less slutty options: 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Sunglasses similar to what I'm wearing. Clearly the better option.

I'm headed to my parents' house this weekend for grilling, swimming and always-needed family time. How are you celebrating America's Independence?


No comments:

Post a Comment