Navigation - Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

melancholy is incompatible with bicycling

Every Sunday, the boyfriend and I take to the LSU Lakes for a stress-releasing, adrenaline-pumping, endorphin-producing, proud-smile-creating four mile run. (So, maybe we don't run the whole way ... and maybe I make him walk about half ... That doesn't matter. As far as you're concerned, I'm a running machine, right?)



Sadly, the silly boy broke his foot jumping rope. Yes, the playground activity that 5-year-old girls have mastered.

In his defense, he was doing double-unders, a difficult skill I have yet to acquire.

So, we biked instead!



This is BlueBelle. (And me. BlueBelle is the bike ... I hope you gathered that.) She is one of my favorite things. She goes in the Sound of Music song that was somehow turned into a Christmas song.



I like her a lot more than raindrops on roses.

If you've never been to Baton Rouge, the LSU campus or the LSU Lakes, bless your heart. You don't know what you're missing.



LSU's "stately oaks" are so beautiful and historical, they've made it into the university's alma mater and have helped LSU gain the titles of "Tree Campus USA" and one of the most beautiful college campuses. (I can't remember the official name for the latter.)




You will soon learn that I'm a bit of a ham. Lucky me, the boyfriend doesn't mind being my photographer. Especially because he gets to catch me talking.


Which happens a lot.


Ah well. He gets good ones, too.



Flower crowns also make my favorite things list. Move over, warm woolen mittens.



"Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling."
- James E. Starrs

Do you have a favorite place to bike?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment